Whether you want to express your future engagement, demonstrate your dedication to your loved one, or have any other reason to make a promise, purchasing a promise ring for your girlfriend is a stunning way to do so. Some couples choose to exchange promise rings as a way to make the first step toward a future wedding.
What is a promise ring?
Men gave posy rings as gifts of love to their romantic loves in the Late Middle Ages (13th-16th centuries). Posy rings, whose name comes from the French word poésie, which means poetry or poem, were frequently inscribed with romantic words like "united hearts, death only separates" or "love conquers all things." The giver's literary ability or education is represented in the choice of an appropriate inscription.
Promise Ring Meaning
The significance of a promise ring can vary from pair to couple, ranging from representing your commitment to each other to implying an impending engagement and marriage. It's preferable if you and your partner agree on what a promise ring means to you personally. A promise ring could mean one of the following things:
● That your connection is progressing and you want to demonstrate how important each of you is to the other.
● You love each other and want to express your commitment, but you think it's too early (or you're simply too young) to get married.
● You're distanced by distance (as in a long-distance relationship), yet you want to remind each other that you're still completely dedicated to one another.
● Anything else that is significant to you. A promise ring can have any unique meaning for you and your spouse, from honoring a significant event or milestone in your relationship to demonstrating your love for one another.
If a promise ring holds a special value for you, you can have a message engraved on it to remind you of your pledge and dedication to each other.
How to decide a promise
● Decide upon your metal
Whenever you purchase rings from a local market or an online jewelry store, you will see that promise rings are made of a variety of metals, including yellow gold, rose gold, white gold, platinum, and sterling silver, name a few. You don't have to spend a lot of money to get her a stylish promise ring. You can start with metal, depending on your budget and stylistic preferences.
● Get a promise ring that doesn’t look like an engagement ring
If a promise ring resembles an engagement ring, your partner may be confused and believe you're proposing to them here. Clearing up the misunderstanding with them can damage their feelings, something you don't want to happen. So buying her a promise ring that doesn't appear like an engagement ring is a no-brainer.
● Go for a ring that matches your lover’s taste
You may have a good idea of what your person likes and doesn't like when it comes to fashion. If not, spend a few days examining what types of jewelry she prefers to wear, the metals they prefer, and attempting to decode their sense of style. If you're still unsure about the jewelry preferences, tell them upfront that you've decided to buy them a promise ring and go shopping with them. Giving a surprise, on the other hand, sounds like a better plan.
Here is all about the significance of a promise ring along with the precautions you need to take before purchasing it. Moreover, if you are looking for getting a promise ring, you can check CMJ Jwelleri’s latest ring collections.